Tips for Pool Landscape Design in Aurora, Caledon, Toronto, King City and NewmarketMarch 11, 2015
Thinking About Incorporating Decking Into Your Landscape Design?March 11, 2015
Signs That You Need to Seriously Think About a Pool Renovation
Swimming pools are undoubtedly fun additions to any property. They are perfect for relaxing with friends and family or entertaining guests. Additionally, a swimming pool offers owners the opportunity to exercise from the comfort of their own homes. Despite all the enjoyment that a pool can offer, it is imperative that owners act in a responsible manner and ensure that the area and facilities are well maintained at all times. There are many issues that can arise due to owners neglecting the condition of the pool itself. A pool renovation project is something that should be considered at regular intervals. This will ensure that the swimming area remains a clean, hygienic and danger-free place for you and your loved ones.
Do I Really Need to Undertake a Pool Renovation Project?
Assessing whether or not you need to renovate your pool can be tricky. There are some clear signs that may indicate that it is time to invest in a renovation project. By understanding what to look out for you can eliminate possible hazards with regards to your pool area. Below you’ll find a list of things to consider.
- Pay Attention to the Colour of Your Water – One of the first warning signs that there may be a problem with your pool is a change in water colour. The water should always be clear and free of any objects. A green or murky coloured pool can mean that there may be a leak or a build up of algae in the base and you need to consider pool renovation.
- Cracks in the Base of Your Pool – From time to time, small cracks will invariably appear in the walls or the base of your pool. It is important to keep checking these cracks to ensure that they are not getting bigger. Poor landscape design in relation to large trees could be the cause of cracks due to growing root systems.
- Is Your Water Level Stable? – Whilst swimming pools in locations such as Newmarket, Aurora, Caledon and King City will lose water due to evaporation, a significant drop in the water level of your pool may point to a more serious problem. Leaks will get worse over time so it is better to get them repaired as soon as possible to avoid an expensive repair project.
- The Important Role of Caulking – You should continually check the caulking between the pool itself and the pool deck. Caulking that is damaged can result in the cracking of the tiles on your pool deck. Cracked tiling can be dangerous to those walking around the side of your pool.
- Does Your Pool Look Old? – All materials are susceptible to the elements and swimming pools are no different. Faded bases and walls together with discoloured tiling is not especially dangerous but it certainly has an impact on the appearance of your pool. If this is the case then it may be time for a landscape renovation
It is advisable to seek professional assistance if you are in any doubt as to the condition of your pool. M&S Architectural is an experienced pool renovation company. Call us on 866-723-3325 to discuss any concerns that you may have.